[Mythtv-translators] Couple of questions about .25 strings

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Thu Mar 15 00:14:46 UTC 2012

Hi!

On 3/14/2012 3:09 PM, ikke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I run into some weird English strings while doing the Finnish
> translation. Any ideas about the following meanings:

(-;

> 1. what do you think this note means:
>
> "Enter the IP address of this machine. Use an externally accessible
> address (ie, not 127.0.0.1) if you are going to be running a frontend
> on a different machine than this one. Note, in IPv6 setups, this is
> still required for certain extras such as UPnP."
 >
 > What is "still required"? Local address or IP setting in general?

I'll get back to you on this, I'm not sure myself...

> 2. What are the "The Video video manager/browser/listing/gallery etc..."?
>
> Is that double video a mistake, or why is it in double?
> programs/mythfrontend/main.cpp +1338

AFAIK that's because MythVideo was renamed to Video when it was merged
into core (ie it's no longer a separate) module. I had notice a few
capitalized Video but wasn't concerned that much since in English they
capitalize a lot more than in other languages but I hadn't noticed those
"Video video", I'll fix these tonight...

> 3. what are the services in htmlstrings

You mean the HtmlUI context? HtmlStrings.h (IIRC) is the file which is
used by lupdate to add these strings so they can be translated.

Once translate these if you really want to as they are part of the web
setup which will not be accessible in 0.25 as it is not complete...

> I don't get what is the meaning of word service in "Video Library
> Service", "Myth Service", "Guide Service" etc... e.g. in
> html/htmlstrings.h +64

OK, you really mean the file... The themestrings.h and htmlstrings.h
files are used to add new strings which either come from themes
(themestrings.h) or the web setup (htmlstrings.h) because lupdate can
only extract strings which appear to be part of source code (which
neither the themes nor the web setup files (qsp I think) are).

> Is that a service as "car service", a menu where you fix settings, or
> a service as provided to users over net or something?

Web services...

re: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Services_API

There are the new web services which were added in 0.25...

> I'm asking these as I don't have .25 installed yet and I'm translating
> just the source without chance to see it in action. Please answer if
> you know the meaning of the strings. Still 550 strings to go,
> ughhhh....

If you have other questions don't hesitate to ask...

Have a nice day!

Nicolas