[Mythtv-translators] Empty translations/plurals...

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Thu Apr 12 06:39:27 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 4/12/2012 1:14 AM, ikke wrote:
>> grep -C3 'translation></translation' *_fi.ts
>> grep -C3 '<numerusform></numerusform>' *_fi.ts
>
> Thanks. O'h, I used grep to do it. I used similar than that, but you
> need to escape '/' sign.

No you don't, those commands work as-is...

> I was thinking I could anyway share some useful commands on the wiki
> page for translation. I used some of these heavily while doing
> translations, I'll CC the translation list in case it would be useful
> for someone else too:

It might have been nice to ask me before doing so, if I had wanted to
have a reply to one of my emails sent to the list I would have sent it
to the list myself... I didn't consider those greps to be ready for
public consumption yet (especially the second one which is mine, the
first is from Kenni).

Bah, what's done is done..

> #to start the job:
> git branch finnish

<snip>

> # Update stuff which was committed to master in between
> # probably could have done with less commands, I don't use git that much...

But you create yourself local branches? (-;

> git checkout master
> git pull
> git checkokut finnish

checkout...

> # and clean up the codeline references to keep patch clean
> # IMO this should be required, it easens finding the real changes in diffs
> # and in case there would be someone reviewing the changes, it is better to
> # do this way...

We (Kenni and I) actually prefer to keep those in (even if means a lot
of line where the only chage are line number changes)...

This point will, eventually, become moot but what's in the wiki right
now as far as lupdate argument is what we want people to use...

> I rewrote the commands into mail, there might be something I missed or
> typoed, but hopefully not too much :)

Thanks, your script had a lot of interesting ideas in it... I wouldn't
recommend everybody to do as you did but it was quite an interesting read...

Have a nice day,

Nicolas