[Mythtv-translators] Bulgarian translation

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Tue Apr 10 16:40:29 UTC 2012

Hi Ivan!

On 4/10/2012 10:54 AM, Kenni Lund wrote:
> 2012/4/10 Ivan Kabaivanov<chepati at yahoo.com>:
>> Hi, I noticed that the bg translation is currently orphaned so I'd like to step in and offer my services.
>
> Sounds good :)

Yes, that's definitely good news, thank you!

> I've already started translating a git pull from yesterday.  Once I'm ready how do I proceed - send the files to this list?  Send patches?

Please make sure you run lupdate at least once before starting to
translate to make sure you get the latest strings to translate *and* to
mark the old strings as obsolete otherwise you might end up translating
strings which are no longer in use in the application.

You might also wish to make sure your Qt Linguist (the tool we use to
modify the translations) is version 4.something otherwise you might
encounter some problems since the translation file format changed
slightly over time...

 > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Translation
 >
> Also, feel free to add yourself for the Bulgarian language in the
> maintainers table, if you want to :) That way other people will know
> how to reach you, if they want to help out or give feedback to your
> translation.

Please keep in mind that while it is not mandatory to list yourself as a
translator on that page it is highly suggested since it both let other
people interested in helping to translate in Bulgarian that there is a
maintainer (or maintainers) for that language *and* it let Kenni and I
(translation maintainers/developers) that you are the current
translation maintainer.

If you wish to add your contact info on that page and encounter a
problem let us know we can modify it for you.

If you encounter any translation (or locale) related problem please
don't hesitate to ask...

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nicolas