[Mythtv-translators] Translation and locale configurations

Walter Cheuk wwycheuk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 01:53:31 UTC 2011

'd' and 'yyyy' etc. only give numeric values, in Chinese a proper date
should be like 'yyyy年M月d日' where 年, 月 and 日 means 'year', 'month' and
'day' respectively. Also the time format is a bit different.

So please add three date formats: 'dddd yyyy年M月d日', 'ddd M月d日' and
'M月d日' (they can be used for wide-screen, 4:3 screen and short format
respectively) and a time format 'AP h:mm'. Also there is comma (,)
between date and time on the front page of frontend, there is no need
for that in Chinese, or selectively replaced by an extra space.

One more question: Is it OK to format MythArchiveDateFormat like
%Y年%m月%d日(%a) and MythArchiveTimeFormat like %p %I:%M? It seems that
they are using GNOME variables.