[Mythtv-translators] Translation and locale configurations

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 14:23:46 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 7:04 AM, Walter Cheuk <wwycheuk at gmail.com> wrote:

> * What's the difference between 'Recording has Subtitles Available'
> and 'Recording is Subtitled'? (There are also used as different status
> icons in the 'Watch Recordings' menu)

One is optional, the other is "baked in" (they appear in the video
itself rather than as a separate, interpreted stream)

> About locale configurations:
>
> * Can we have a list of all configurable settings? For instance,
> what's the setting names for 'signal timeout (ms)' and 'tuning timeout
> (ms)'?

Those are per-card settings, not global settings-- locale configs only
currently cover items in the settings table-- these items are not
there.

> * Can I add extra characters (Chinese characters, for example) to the
> 'date' or 'time' formats?

If the date and time format is using templated text in the theme, you
can translate that part.  You cannot, however, translate the "raw"
date and time data.

> BTW, I spotted a bug: the clock on the front page of 'Terra' theme
> does not follow the time format setting, while 'MythCenter' and
> 'MythCenter-wide' do not have this problem.

This is not a bug.  It's the desire of the Terra theme author.

Robert