[Mythtv-translators] MythWeb translation problem

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Thu Sep 23 16:33:51 UTC 2010

Hi!

> I am working on a Norwegian translation of MythWeb from scratch. The aim
> is to have this ready by the end of the week, and include it with a
> Norwegian translation update which includes tranlsation updates to
> mythfrontend plus translation of all the plugins.

Thank you!

> I have translated most of the strings, but I get the following php
> errors on some of the pages:
> "
> Warning at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/utils.php, line 195:
> !!NoTrans: htmlentities(): Invalid multibyte sequence in argument!!

Hmm, sound like it doesn't like the encoding of some of your UTF-8
strings...

> I have checked that the "special" norwegian characters are encoded as
> UTF-8 in the .lang file, and googled back and forth on the error
> message.
> http://insomanic.me.uk/post/191397106/php-htmlspecialchars-htmlentities-
> invalid indicates that there is a bug in PHP for when this waring
> message is displayed, and when I set display_errors to true in php.ini
> the display of the warning goes away.

Do you know which strings are affected in your translation? If you edit
them slightly to remove some or all special characters do you still get the
error?

> This is on ubuntu lucid with php 5.
>
> Has anyone else run into this problem when translating MythWeb ?
> This warning is not triggered when language is set to English or Danish
> (Danish uses זרו as well in the translation).

Does it seem to display Danish properly?

(ie nothing out of the ordinary appears except for the fact that it's in
another language).

My backend currently has what appears to be an hardware problem which I'm
hoping to fix tonight (by replacing what I think is the defective piece of
hardware) and if it fix the problem I could try to help you track down the
problem if you send me your MythWeb translation file.

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nicolas