[Mythtv-translators] MythWeb translation problem

Rune Evjen rune.evjen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 12:48:12 UTC 2010

Hi!

I am working on a Norwegian translation of MythWeb from scratch. The
aim is to have this ready by the end of the week, and include it with
a Norwegian translation update which includes tranlsation updates to
mythfrontend plus translation of all the plugins.

I have translated most of the strings, but I get the following php
errors on some of the pages:
"
Warning at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/utils.php, line 195:
!!NoTrans: htmlentities(): Invalid multibyte sequence in argument!!

________________________________
________________________________

Warning at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/utils.php, line 195:
!!NoTrans: htmlentities(): Invalid multibyte sequence in argument!!

________________________________
________________________________

Warning at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/utils.php, line 195:
!!NoTrans: htmlentities(): Invalid multibyte sequence in argument!!
"

These errors are thrown at all the MythTV recording/scheduling pages,
but not for the Main page, MythWeather, MythMusic, MythVideo and
Settings page.

I have checked that the "special" norwegian characters are encoded as
UTF-8 in the .lang file, and googled back and forth on the error
message.
http://insomanic.me.uk/post/191397106/php-htmlspecialchars-htmlentities-invalid
indicates that there is a bug in PHP for when this waring message is
displayed, and when I set display_errors to true in php.ini the
display of the warning goes away.

This is on ubuntu lucid with php 5.

Has anyone else run into this problem when translating MythWeb ?

This warning is not triggered when language is set to English or
Danish (Danish uses זרו as well in the translation).

Best regards,

Rune