[mythtv-theming] mythbuntu theme - modifications or reversions?

Brian Chabun bchabun at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 17:27:16 UTC 2014

I'm a beginner with MythTV in general and same with themes.  I'm using
Ubuntu 14.04 with MythTV from the regular repositories.

I'm using MythTV to manage my video library (not TV recordings -- my old
dvd and now bluray collection)

I would like to modify the 'Browse' view (large 'fanart' and horizontal
thumbnails) to make it a bit more like a 'movie guide' (remember the old
books that summarize/critique in a short paragraph).  To that end I was
wondering if I could add an area on screen that contains the movie
description.  Something like what appears in 'manage' view but covering a
smaller are of the screen.

I've looked at video-ui.xml and have manage to make sense of bits of it
(exploring <window name="browser">) but haven't been able to effect any
substantive changes.

So the question is: where do I make little modifications like this?