[mythtv-theming] New MythTV notification center and theme...

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Sun Jul 28 22:13:12 UTC 2013

Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote on Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 01:50:57PM +1000:

> [snip]
>
> Finally, you can now have an object depends on more than one object.
> Two logical arithmetic operations are supported: & (AND) and | (OR).
> Expressions are evaluated from left to right.
>
> So you can do something like so:
>
> [snip]
>
>         <imagetype name="image" depends="!mediastate&amp;!errorstate">
>             <filename>damaged.png</filename>
>             <area>18,18,144,144</area>
>         </imagetype>

> So here, our image "image" widget, will only be displayed if neither
> mediastate nor errorstate are visible.
>
> I think those three new extensions can greatly enhance the
> possibilities on what can be done with a theme.

Thanks for adding all these theming enhancements, Jean-Yves. I have
one question about the logical operators in the depends clause. Did
you consider supporting the words "and" and "or" instead of (or in
addition to) the "&" and "|" symbols? That way we could avoid the
requirement of using "&amp;" in place of "&".