[mythtv-theming] New MythTV notification center and theme...

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Thu Jul 11 11:01:28 UTC 2013

On 11/07/13 11:30, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 11 July 2013 18:40, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
>> I wonder if this should not be a statetype so the theme designer can decide
>> whether to use an image or text or whatever they chose rather than hard
>> coding an image filename?
> Happy to do so... if you point me to an example making use of this..
>
> unfortunately, the documentation from a developer perspective (not
> theme developer) is somewhat.... lacking :(

You would probably add something like this in the default theme to
replace your error image :-

     <statetype name="errorstate">
         <position>30,670</position>
         <state name="ok" />
         <state name="error">
             <imagetype name="errorimage">
                 <filename>error.png</filename>
             </imagetype>
         </state>
     </statetype>

And in your code usually in the Create() for your screen you would find
and save the statetype

UIUtilW::Assign(this, m_errorState, "errorstate");

then when you need to update it

bool error = ???; // set the error flag as appropriate

if (m_errorState)
       m_errorState->DisplayState(error ? "ok" : "noerror");

The advantage is the themer can call the error image want ever they want
or even use text to display the error state like this.

     <statetype name="errorstate">
         <position>30,670</position>
         <state name="ok" />
         <state name="error">
             <text name="errortext" from="basetextarea">
                 <value>ERROR!</value>
             </text>
         </state>
     </statetype>

It would also be possible to add other error states like
'connectionerror' , 'ituneserror' if that is something that you wanted.

Paul H.