[mythtv-theming] New MythTV notification center and theme...

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 15:02:21 UTC 2013

On 2 July 2013 00:45, Elkin Fricke <managementboy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I like the way it looks. I also love more animation options (fading).
> I am currently building master to check it out.

fading is provided automatically in MythUI; however there's no fading
implemented for the display of notification cards while watching video
playback (not hard to add, just need to do it)

> Are you planing to move it to an own xml?

that was the primary aim of this email to start with...

Making it fully themeable is one thing, how to do so is another.
Starting with having a unique theme for a notification card (instead of
using the mini music player). So we can display notification with graphics,
differently to the text only one etc..

Then we need a way to define animation for insertion and removal.

I doubt those animations will work during TV playback; too complicated and
depends greatly on the TV playback profile in use.

> What other sources for events are you planing?

Well, it's a pretty easy to use feature.
For a start, we could change the user notification to use this mechanism
instead. This gives the choice to make the notification permanent (as it is
now until the user press a key); or being displayed for xx seconds only.

I want to display if there's been a recording error (like recording failed
to start) giving the user the possibility to fix it while it's not too late.

things like that...

It also expands what a plugin could do... Could image a plugin which only
purpose is to display a notification with a weather forecast. Or one
displaying weather emergency alerts and nothing more