[mythtv-theming] Github and branches

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Jan 20 00:19:19 UTC 2013

* On Thu Jan 17, 2013 at 08:13:33PM -0500, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

> The Retro-wide project has three branches: Master. 0.24, and 0.25 . As of an
> hour ago they were all the same.
>
> I just made a fix and pushed it to the 0.25 branch.  Should this also go to
> master, and if so how ?

If you know it's compatible with MythTV master, then yes, you're best
pushing it to your master branch as well so users on MythTV master can
see the change.

You should be able to use a sequence something like this:

cd /your/source/dir
# edit your 0.25 checkout, commit (gives you the MASTERCOMMITID below), push
# switch to the master branch
git checkout master
# merge the change over
git cherry-pick -x MASTERCOMMITID