[mythtv-theming] recgroups as a buttonlist

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 17:29:37 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 3:27 AM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> In the watch recordings screen I am attempting to add the recgroups as a
> selectable buttonlist above the groups buttonlist.
>
> So essentially I want it to work exactly like the groups selection does
> just the one level above ie enter the watch recordings screen, use arrows
> to select the recgroup you want, press select, use arrows to select the
> group you want, press select, use arrows to select the recording you want,
> press select and watch away.
>
> However I can't get it to work. I have put the xml desciption above the
> groups buttonlist but focus always goes straight to groups. I even tried
> using the focusorder property to ensure that recgroups came first but even
> that didn't work. The focusorder property worked when I used it to manually
> reverse the order of the groups and recordings buttonlists so I know I've
> got the usage correct.
>
> It is nearly like recgroups is not permitted to have focus...

Correct, the recgroup buttonlist does not take focus.

> The recgroups does appear in the correct position and with the correct
> look. If I use the popup menu option to change to a different recgroup it
> even updates the description correctly, but I just can't get it to take
> focus.
>
> Is it possible to add recgroups as a buttonlist above groups?

That buttonlist was designed to "stay out of the way", and just be a visual
indication of what recording groups are available, and which one is
currently selected.  To change the current recording group use the PAGELEFT
and PAGERIGHT keybindings.  Those are mapped to Rewind and FastForward by
default.

John