[mythtv-theming] Placing semi-transparent box under status icons (ie auto expire)

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 27 02:28:22 UTC 2013

//snip//

> <shape name="groupbox2 depends="autoexpire"">

> <area>0,0,427,107</area>

> <type>roundbox</type>

> <fill color="#000000" alpha="0" />

> <line color="#FFFFFF" alpha="0" width="0" />

> <cornerradius>1</cornerradius>

> <minsize vanish="yes">100%,100%</minsize>

> </shape>

> which should show the groupbox2 widget only if the autoexpire widget is

> visible.

> Paul H.

> Paul, thanks very much for the pointer. I couldn't get 'depends' to work

> with shapes

Note that in Paul's example one of the quote marks has been misplaced:

<shape name="groupbox2 depends="autoexpire"">

should be:

<shape name="groupbox2" depends="autoexpire">

--

Stuart Morgan

MythTV

Thanks Stuart, did notice the miss-placed quote-mark and fixed accordingly
in my tests but still could not get it to function correctly with the shape
widget, only the group widget. Actually couldn't even get the dependence on
'autoexpire' to work, only on 'coverart'. The linked group would not appear
when 'autoexpire' appeared, whereas the linked group would appear when the
coverart appeared. I even checked to make sure that it wasn't some sort of
ordering issue but even with 'autoexpire' set as the immediately prior
widget the 'depends' would not trigger the group to appear with the
'autoexpire' icon.

Mark.