[mythtv-theming] Anyone not getting their channel icons from Lyngsat Logo?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Aug 26 16:53:43 UTC 2013

As part of changes to coincide with MythTV 0.27, I plan to have the
Mythbuntu theme create a fake "icon" on the fly if the user doesn't
have a graphical icon file for a channel. I'd like to make the fake
icon resemble real ones as much as reasonably possible.

I know mythtv-setup's automated icon retriever pulls from Lyngsat
Logo, at least for Schedules Direct users, and given that Lyngsat has
logos from countries around the world I presume this is true for
MythTV users outside the US and Canada. Are there any large groups of
MythTV users that are using non-Lyngsat Logo icons? That is, without
Lyngsat's typical white backgrounds?