[mythtv-theming] New theme: mythaeon

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 10:55:02 UTC 2013

On 11 August 2013 06:11, Ted Verhagen <ted.verhagen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> - Recording screen: While very pretty, it makes searching for a recent
>> recording quite difficult. Having to scroll right to get to an earlier
>> recording, where the only feedback is the screenshot (which often
>> doesn't correspond to the recording content) and you get to know what
>> it is only once highlighted.
>> Would it be possible to have an alternative view in list, so at a
>> glance you can see 10-12 recording titles at once and immediately see
>> which one to select? That would make the wife happy, she finds the
>> theme annoying as it is.
>
> Your wife is reacting exactly the same as my girlfriend :) But once I
> explained about the recording groups feature (i.e. pressing 'up' and 'down'
> keys and possibility to filter on specific groups) she didn't complain
> anymore. If more alternative windows for recordings will be developed (like

I guess you didn't let her actually use that screen either then :)

IMHO, it is completely useless to find a particular recordings that
occurred in the past few days.

The idea is to find a recordings not by its title but about where it
was last recorded (e.g. you know it was yesterday).

The filtered list, is sorted by title it takes forever to find
something in there and the list can be huge (there are over 1000
titles in my case).

So really, it's no replacement.

> Can you post a screenshot, not sure what you mean... I assume you have
> applied the included menu theme as well.

It seems to be happening only on the mac... look like the fonts are
different somehow... are you including the font or are you relying on
a system font to exist?

I saw another issue in the playback menu -> audio

The "enable upmixer" entry is shown as "Auto Detect"...

Finally, would be nice for the theme to support the new notifications
introduced in 0.27
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Notification-ui.xml

(looking at the default notification-ui.xml would give a tad more
detail about it)