[mythtv-theming] problems using the 'depends' attribute in recordings-ui

Ted Verhagen ted.verhagen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 20:35:09 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I need some help with the depends attribute which I'm trying to use in
recordings-ui to do the following:

Depending whether coverart is available, I want to change the lay-out
of the screen. In order to archive this, I've created 2 groups with a
set of the same widgets in them which will be positioned differently
depending on the availability of the coverart. In this way I can make
the screen look the same for recordings with coverart as the video
library (in the managed view) and keep the original layout for
recordings without the coverart.

I've created two screenshots as an example for what I am trying to do:

http://code.google.com/p/mythmediastream/downloads/detail?name=Recordings_CoverArt_Layout.png&can=2&q=
http://code.google.com/p/mythmediastream/downloads/detail?name=Recordings_NoCoverArt_Layout.png&can=2&q=

My problem is that when ever the screen switches between the coverart
layout and the non-coverart layout (as a result of the depends
attribute), all the text widgets are not showing the contents of the
recording item which is currently selected in the buttonlist. Instead
they are containing the contents of the item which was first selected
in the previous screen layout. Whenever I move to the next recording
item in the same layout as the previous one, the text widgets are
showing the right contents again (i.e. matching the recording item
selected in the buttonlist). This is not applicable for the coverart
and preview images as the are showing the right contents for the
recording item selected in the buttonlist when switching between the
two layouts.

I uploaded a copy of recordings-ui.xml file containing the code I
used. I'm currently developing for 0.26  and haven't tried trunk yet
to see whether it produces the same problem, but do believe that this
will not make any difference as I had the same problem on 0.25. Please
checkout the develop branch of my git repository:

http://code.google.com/p/mythmediastream/source/browse/MythMediaStream/recordings-ui.xml?name=develop

I'm not sure if I did use the depends attribute correctly or that this
is a bug in one of the mythtv ui libraries.

Anyone having an idea of what I'm doing wrong? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks! Ted.