[mythtv-theming] Theme Chooser and directory names with dots

Joey Morris rjmorris at nc.rr.com
Sun Oct 7 19:06:50 UTC 2012

Does the These Chooser support the dot (period) character in the
directory name where the theme is stored? On 0.25 it doesn't appear to
work. I tweaked the Mythbuntu theme and saved my modified version
under ~/.mythtv/themes/Mythbuntu-local-25.29. The theme is displayed
on the Theme Chooser screen, but when I select it, this is printed to
the log (with -v gui):

W  MythUIHelper: No theme dir: '/usr/share/mythtv/themes/Mythbuntu-local-25'
E  MythUIHelper: Could not find theme: Mythbuntu-local-25 - Switching to Terra

and MythTV falls back to the Terra theme. If I name the directory
either Mythbuntu-local or Mythbuntu-local-25-29, then it works fine.