[mythtv-theming] How many themes use percentages or offsets inside buttonlists?

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 04:44:37 UTC 2012

Right now, there is a flaw in the "area" inherited by a buttonlist --
instead of the buttonitem inheriting the <buttonarea>, it inherits the
"full" <area>.  Inside the buttonlist, if you specify an absolute
value for the button's width, this does not cause any problems.
However, if you use percentages or offset, then it causes a problem,
and must be compensated for.

For example, if I have

<buttonarea>25, 0, -25, 100%</buttonarea>

Then inside the buttonitem's states, I must do

<area>0, 0, -50, 60</area>

to compensate for the buttonarea being 50 smaller than the full area.

I can fix this flaw in the MythUI code, however it would break any
themes which use percentages/offsets, and have "compensated" for the
area being wrong.

I would like to hear opinions on whether this flaw should be fixed, or
left alone.

Thanks,

John
--