[mythtv-theming] MythMediaStream theme

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Aug 9 21:03:46 UTC 2012

* On Thu Aug 09, 2012 at 10:39:29AM +0200, Robert Siebert wrote:
> adding the menu as well is a good idea. My upcoming blue-abstract-wide
> 1.8 theme will also include a menu but it will be called
> blue-abstract-wide-menu. So I dunno if there should be some kind of
> naming convention ...Menu or -menu.

I think (but have not tested), that you can put
<type>Menu</type> in your UI theme's theminfo.xml file and
include the Menu theme .xml files in your main UI theme directory
and that will allow you to put them both in the same directory.
That's according to the comments in the themeinfo.xml file, I haven't
looked at the code to confirm.  Maybe Stuart Morgan or someone else
on the list can confirm.  If this is possible, there's no need to
modify the package scripts to pickup any specially named directories.
I could modify the Theme Chooser to only reload the theme if a UI
theme was downloaded and installed, but the service side of the
theme downloading would not have to change any.  After hacking
in the 'themename'Menu support, I was thinking that I should make
modifications to the Theme Chooser screen to prompt the user to ask
whether they want to use any included Menu theme as well as the UI
theme.  That logic would work with the <type>Menu</type> tag as well.

--
Chris