[mythtv-theming] MythCenter and MythCenter-wide

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Apr 13 19:26:08 UTC 2012

On 04/13/2012 12:56 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Until recently I had only a 4:3 TV with Myth and have now upgraded to an
> HDTV.  I'm a big fan of the MythCenter theme but since upgrading, I am
> still using the MythCenter theme vs. the MythCenter-wide because the two
> are not identical.  I had committed various changes incorporating fanart
> into the recordings screen as well as updated the video browser.  I
> don't want to step on any toes regarding MythCenter-wide but would like
> to get the two in sync.
>
> What is the general consensus here regarding these two themes given that
> they are in the default build?  Should I start working on syncing them?
>   Is it better to leave them unsynced and collaborate with other -wide
> users regarding changes?  Or with the themes being in github should I
> just branch off the theme, do work, and let someone cherry-pick the
> changes they want?
>
> Kevin

In what way are these not in sync? What do you see that needs
correction/matching?

There are a number of ways in which these cannot sync: physical spacing
of screen elements is one. I forwarded some patches to 'wide to make
various of the screens have the same spacing of features, and patched
some spacing errors such as allowing more room for channel names and
start times etc. Those patches were accepted. Those sorts of changes
would be possible but difficult on MythCenter as the extra space has to
come from somewhere and MythCenter just doesn't have a lot of extra space.

What needs revision? I'm willing to help.

Geoff