[mythtv-theming] Blue-abstract update and applying for the competition

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 23:59:40 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 3:40 PM,  <trebor_s at web.de> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> a new theme version is out! It now includes themed screens for the new great
> MythNetVision and the MythArchive plugins! Check it out! And I also take
> part in the theming competition. Do I need to send the latest theme version
> somewhere?
>
> Best regards
>
> Robert S

Robert,

I am glad to see that you are keeping your theme up to date.  Nice
work.  I do have a bit of a concern about its eligibility for the
competition, however.  Your theme borrows most of its widgets from
Graphite, and the theme competition rules specifically bar themes
whose work is not solely your own.  While it is acceptable to get
inspiration from other themes, borrowing all the widget artwork is a
bit outside of what I had in mind when I wrote the rules.  The hope
was to get many entirely-new themes whose work was 100% original, and
the rules were meant to reflect that.

Robert