[mythtv-theming] Adding a value to a page using the themes

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 19:59:22 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
> Johnny Walker wrote:
>> Ok so I had this idea to add the next scheduled recording for a
>> program to the Watch Recordings screen - when you're highlghting the
>> group name and not a specific episode. There seems in that instance to
>> be this unused screen real estate and I thought it would a decent
>> feature to look into adding.
>>
>> So I read the theming documentation and the following theme pages:
>>
>> /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/Mythbuntu/recordings-ui.xml
>> /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/Mythbuntu/schedule-ui.xml
>>
>> But it seems that if I want MythUi to fill in a textarea based on a
>> value for a program I would need to add that value to the ProgramInfo::ToMap
>> method so that it's an available value. Is that true?
>>
>> -JohnnyJboss
>>

> You can't do what you wont simply by editing a theme you would have to
> write some code to first find the details of the next recording and then
> update the text areas as appropriate. You don't _have_ to use a map to
> update the text areas you can also use SetText() but the easiest way if
> you have a ProgramInfo with the correct details is to use the ToMap method.
>
> Paul H.

This is what I suspected. So I'm thinking I could use ProgLister
created with a plTitleSearch for the active (highlighted) category and
that would give me the list of ProgramInfo matching, and then I can
iterate that list looking for one set to record and use that to set
the value in the theme, once I add that textArea to the specific
window of the theme.

I'm off again tomorrow and hoping to get this working.

Thanks for the input.

-Johnny