[mythtv-theming] problem with video-ui.xml

Tomas Hylander tomas.hylander at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 08:37:46 UTC 2010

Need some help with video_ui.xml - browser window.

I'd like a buttonlist with the movie to the left fading to the background,
and likewise with the movie to the right.
I've got two images fading from black to transperant, but I cant seem to get
them on top the video image.

 http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/Hylsan/screenshot_003.png

note: the blue background is just for visibility, its gonna be black
background.

I've also problem with centering the "selected" movie (as you can see om the
image.

And last, I'd like to minimize the gap between them. I've tried different
spacing-settings but I dont see any diffrence.

my buttonlist;
        <buttonlist name="videos">
            <area>170,300,400,254</area>
            <layout>horizontal</layout>
            <scrollstyle>center</scrollstyle>
            <wrapstyle>items</wrapstyle>
            <buttonarea>15,0,100%,80</buttonarea>
            <statetype name="buttonitem">
                <state name="active">
                    <area>0,0,50,150</area>
                    <imagetype name="buttonimage">
                        <area>0,0,50,150</area>
                        <alpha>100</alpha>
                        <preserveaspect>true</preserveaspect>
                        <filename>shared/grid_noimage.png</filename>
                    </imagetype>
                    <statetype name="nodetype">
                        <position>60,140</position>
                        <state name="subfolder">
                            <imagetype name="icon">
                                <area>0,0,70,170</area>
                                <filename>shared/directory.png</filename>
                                <preserveaspect>yes</preserveaspect>
                            </imagetype>
                        </state>
                        <state name="upfolder">
                            <imagetype name="icon">
                                <area>0,0,70,170</area>
                                <filename>shared/updirectory.png</filename>
                                <preserveaspect>yes</preserveaspect>
                            </imagetype>
                        </state>
                    </statetype>
                </state>
                <state name="selected" from="active">
                    <imagetype name="buttonimage">
                        <area>0,0,80,160</area>
                        <alpha>200</alpha>
                    </imagetype>
                </state>
            </statetype>
                <imagetype name="fadeleft">
                    <filename>img/mc-fadeleft.png</filename>
                    <area>0,0,50,150</area>
                </imagetype>
                <imagetype name="faderight">
                    <filename>img/mc-faderight.png</filename>
                    <area>310,0,50,150</area>
                </imagetype>
            <statetype name="upscrollarrow">
                <position>50,0</position>
                <showempty>yes</showempty>
                <state type="full">
                    <imagetype name="upon">
                        <filename>img/mc-arrowleft1.png</filename>
                    </imagetype>
                </state>
            </statetype>
            <statetype name="downscrollarrow">
                <position>320,0</position>
                <showempty>yes</showempty>
                <state type="full">
                    <imagetype name="dnon">
                        <filename>img/mc-arrowright1.png</filename>
                    </imagetype>
                </state>
            </statetype>
        </buttonlist>

Im sure its "just" a easy problem, probably connected to those darn
<area>'s. Hope its solved with some practice, but I thought that Id tried
ask here before I spend several hours with this (wich I soon have been
doing).

Thanks for all help!

/Tomas