[mythtv-theming] Arclight and the OSD

junos7 at gmail.com junos7 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 18:34:41 UTC 2010

Hi.

I just upgraded from 0.23 to 0.24-fixes (clean install). Built it from the
source and got the Arclight-theme from Lucid repos. I used Arclight before
without a problem.

Now I have an issue with the OSD. I know Arclight doesn't have an OSD but it
somehow uses blackcurves OSD. Before it was fine, but now it's scaled wrong.
I'm using 1920x1080 resolution and the OSD is on top lefthand corner of my
screen. So it's like the OSD is 1280x768 on 1920x1080 screen.

Furthermore every other (baseres=1280x768) theme is working fine, including
the OSD. So, I'm guessing the problem is the Arclights baseres and the
smaller res blackcurves OSD. Any idea how to fix this? Obviously I have to
change something outside the Arclight.

Have tried to search a fix for some time now, but no luck. I'm guessing
there's an easy fix for this.

The second, smaller, problem I have, is that the OSD does not fade. This
also worked before. I'm using ffmpeg, xv and softblend. It might be an issue
with the nvidia driver, dunno.

Cheers,
Janosh