[mythtv-theming] MythCenter schedule recording fields too narrow in 4:3

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Apr 7 15:39:52 UTC 2010

On 04/07/2010 12:31 AM, Jason Lewis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The MythCenter schedule recording fields are too narrow in the 4:3
> version of the theme (under .23rcX). In particular the field where you
> choose how frequently to record the show is too narrow so you can only
> see the first part "record once every..." leaving you with no idea if
> its every day or week or what?
>
> I would like to hack to fix it but not sure where to start. Can someone
> point me to the right files please?

Jason,
I have been playing with that in MythCenter-wide. If you value your
sanity, remember to make a full copy of the original before playing!

Those fields are defined by 'baseverywideselector' (for the 'record
once') and 'baseverywidebutton' in base.xml. You will have to change the
of the 'area' details from <area>0,0,486,44</area> to something like
<area>0,0,696,44</area> in the definition stanza. I have added a fixed
amount to all of the 'w' figures (the def. is x,y,w,h).

That seems to work nicely, but the next level down in say 'Scheduling
Options' the texts are not aligned...
Still searching and testing on that. Maybe tonight.

Good luck.

Geoff