[mythtv-theming] A new theme on the way...

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Mon Sep 28 15:18:21 UTC 2009

On Monday 28 Sep 2009 07:47:07 Zdzislaw Gorlicki wrote:
> The overscan on these displays is intentional to eliminate noice etc. My
> DLP allows me to resize the image as well, the problem is uneven edges,
> image bending and such. Resizing just does not do the trick for these sets.

You can specify different sizes for video and the UI. I've never had to use
these before because I don't have a problem with overscan, but you should look
at using this feature.

With mythui we are dropping the advice to leave a 5-10% margin for overscan,
it's too hit and miss, many TVs and monitors behave themselves and don't
overscan, we've provided settings to compensate for those that do. In the
mean-time as Robert said leaving that margin clear is a significant waste of
screen real-estate and really limits the design possibilities. Terra would be
impossible with that constraint because one of the core motifs are the lists
which extend right to the edge of the screen.
--
Stuart Morgan