[mythtv-theming] Playlists, and 0.22-compliant themes

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 13:36:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 5:21 AM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:

> Let me reword my question in another way: What makes a theme
> 0.22-compliant? Metallurgy, for example, is surprisingly able to
> display movie posters in MythVideo despite not having been updated to
> use MythUI. It doesn't display background fan art, though (I haven't
> tried this with other non-updated themes); is this so because it
> hasn't been updated?

Metallurgy is actually getting the MythUI treatment, so the version in
trunk (in myththemes) is about 30% converted to MythUI.  This probably
accounts for what you are seeing.  The display of fanart/banner/etc.
is up to the theme-- I expect Stuart just doesn't feel that it fits
with the character of the theme.

Robert