[mythtv-theming] Playlists, and 0.22-compliant themes

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 18:06:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 5:36 AM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
> 1) The Terra and Graphite themes, as of r22514, do not indicate in
>   Watch Recordings whether a recording is part of a playlist (unless
>   there's some subtle graphic element that I'm missing).

Added to Terra in:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22528

>   Is this an intentional design decision by the themes' creators?

Well, not necessarily a decision to spite those who do use them, but
speaking for Graphite, I don't, so I didn't.

> Can we assume
>   that all of the "Official" themes at
>   <URL:http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Themes> are now
>   0.22-compliant?

None of them are.  All of the "legacy" themes are a menu only.  Every
other screen falls back to "default" (for 4:3 themes) and default-wide
(for 16:9 themes).  The default themes are not usable themes unto
themselves, but exist as "emergency fallbacks" when the theme does not
have a given screen themed.  In the case of all the legacy themes,
this is every screen except the menu.

Robert