[mythtv-theming] Graphite Theme, font/image alignment issues on a couple screens

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 20:32:52 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Bobby Gill <brownitus at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You're using a 16:9 theme on a 16:10 display.  This causes the first
>> issue.  The second is because that screen isn't themed.
>>
>> Robert
>
> Thanks Robert. Dang, I really like this theme, is there some part(s) I can
> edit to accomodate for my monitor? I'm not a theming expert but I did change
> up Retro a bit for myself from 0.21 a while ago. I really would like to use
> Graphite :)
>
> Thanks
> Bob

Hi Bobby,

The text area sizing issues are surely fixable for a 16:10 monitor,
but it would largely be trial and error (since themes have a base
resolution/aspect that govern their coordinate systems and unless you
set out with a 16:10 aspect, you'll need to do some conversion to see
what will fit) and maybe a lot of work.  You can just start resizing
the buttonlist text areas to see what fits, and see if you can get it
somewhere you like.

Regarding the unthemed screen, I'll try to take a look at it at some
point when my schedule clears out a bit (and when I can muster the
attention span to look at Graphite again).

Robert