[mythtv-theming] New Theme Release (Trunk/.22 only): Graphite

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 22 03:37:02 UTC 2009

On 06/21/2009 09:50 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> 2009/6/22 Robert McNamara:
>
>> sudo cp /usr/share/mythtv/themes/Graphite/*.ttf /usr/share/fonts/truetype
>> sudo fc-cache -f
>>
> Doesn't mythtv look automatically in the theme folder for the font ?
> That was the case with 0.21...

I'm pretty certain that only the OSD themes do.  We draw the fonts
directly in the OSD themes.  In the GUI themes, we ask Qt for a QFont
(Qt manages the fonts/characters for us).  The OSD is the same in trunk
as -fixes, but when it's converted to mythui, it may become more like
the GUI themes (requiring a system-installed font).

> I have themes with their own font, only present in the theme directory

I'm guessing you're actually using the closest match among the fonts you
have installed (or the font specified by your system's font substitutions).

Move the font out of that theme dir then restart, and I don't think
you'll see a difference.  Then install the font on your system as Robert
mentioned, and restart, and you may see a difference.

Mike