[mythtv-theming] New Theme Release (Trunk/.22 only): Graphite

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 01:56:46 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Robert
McNamara<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 2:30 AM, Paul Harrison<mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
>> paul10 at planar.id.au wrote:
>>> Robert,
>>>
>> <snip>
>>> I know you said you weren't taking feedback yet, but I did see something
>>> that you might not notice if you don't use that feature.  On the TV Guide,
>>> you can press the / key to cycle through channel groups (took me ages to
>>> work out how to do that).  It puts the group name briefly in the field that
>>> normally shows the date, it goes away again after a couple seconds.  You've
>>> made the field exactly big enough for a date....and not big enough for a
>>> channel group, so it gets truncated.  Not requesting a fix or anything,
>>> just telling you something that I noticed, in case you cared and hadn't
>>> noticed it yourself.
>>>

>> <snip>
>>> Paul
>>>

>> Robert, Not sure it was ever documented but this is how the channel
>> group name is displayed. If you have room somewhere you can add a text
>> area called 'channelgroup' that will show the currently selected channel
>> group. If it doesn't exist the 'datetext' text area is briefly used to
>> show the channel group when it changes. The default-wide theme uses the
>> first method but the default one uses the second simply because there
>> isn't room for it.
>>
>> Paul H.
>>

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'll take a look at this later today, thank you for the info.  I
> indeed don't use this functionality.
>
> Robert

Paul and .. Paul,

Try the new version.

http://www.fecitfacta.com/graphite.072609.tar.gz

This should address both the channel group concerns and your wife's
issue w/ the Watch Recording screen.  Note that I needed to modify
Graphite to use freely available fonts, ergo the font no longer being
included or used in the XML.

Robert