[mythtv-theming] buttonlist and active/inactive/selected states

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Dec 9 17:44:40 UTC 2009

> As the docs suggest, there are only three states

OK. Just wasn't sure if there was something else undocumented. For
instance, the docs suggest "jobstate" statetype has valid states of
"recording" and "transcoding". However, looking at the other themes,
it appears there is also a "commflagging" state (though I haven't yet
verified it actually works). I'm wondering if there is also a state
for other user jobs.

Also, on the topic of undocumented things, I see that a <font> element
can have a "state" property, and the valid values I see are disabled,
error, warning, normal, running, and selected. Any documentation on
where these can be used (I've discovered that "running" is set when in
the "Watch Recording" screen for shows that are recording. I didn't
see anything at all in the wiki (I'd add it myself, but I barely
understand what it can do, so I'm probably not the best person to do
that).

> -- the fourth you are
> looking for no longer exists.  It would probably be a fairly easy
> thing to add if you were looking for a MythUI project.

Perhaps. Before making this email, I tried looking at the UI code, to
see if I could perhaps reverse engineer the answer to my question
before asking it, but I couldn't make heads or tails of how it worked.
I'll look into it later. I can live with it for now. Not a big deal,
but it's the first 0.21 behavior I've encountered that I couldn't
replicate in 0.22, and thought it was just as simple as me doing
something wrong.

--
Ron