[mythtv-theming] Theme to try for trunk?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 21:04:12 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/4/29 Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>:

> Welcome to the list-- It's just not *quite* where I'd like it to be
> yet, but I'll see if I can make some acceptable progress on it in the
> next few weeks and post a preview release.  I spent some time this

That's a bummer ...

None of the themes currently are really usable.

I mostly completed rewriting the MePo theme for 0.22 ; but as you
wrote in another message , I don't see much the point with 0.22 .
There are so many features and I'm not a graphic designer and each
time I encounter a problem I feel like I'm just wasting my time

> last weekend getting all the paths cleaned up and putting the XML in
> order, now I need to go back through and gut the commented out bits,
> and theme one or two more screens, and come up with a few backgrounds
> that I can ship with it without violating anyone's photo rights.  The
> MythVideo parts of the theme are also built around the
> Subtitle/Season/Episode stuff which should hopefully be committed
> soon, so that's another minor roadblock.  Hopefully all that stuff

Well, I've been living on the edge for quite a long time so I don't my
having to patch anything to get a nice theme going (hint ! hint !)

Plus I'm good at finding bugs (another hint) :)

> The other thing that is mildly frustrating is that my theme makes
> heavy use of negative coordinates to overlay the selected item over
> the rest (see the MythVideo Gallery screenshots) but it only works
> properly in the GL Painter.  The Qt painter is both incapable of some
> of the eye candy and it clips the edges off of certain things.  I'm
> hoping that will be resolved in time for .22, but it's a bit of a
> gotcha right now.

Are many people using the Qt painter ? I've been using the OpenGL
painter for as long as I can remember !

trunk is working along nicely so far.. couple of frustrating issues
with the database, but I'm getting there.

Jean-Yves