[Mythtv-soc] MythTV Autoconfiguration

Kenny Root kenny at the-b.org
Sat Jul 8 16:51:20 UTC 2006

This week I started to doubt whether my approach to adding
and removing capture cards actually made it that much
easier for the end user. I'm pondering ways in which it
will become more intuitive for the end user to understand
how MythTV is interacting with the hardware that they
install or plug into their systems.

While I'm waiting for the ideas to percolate, I'm adding
in some discovery initiation code into the UPnP patches
and adding in some vendor-specific (MythTV-specific) UPnP
device profiles that will make it easier for clients to
request the master backend or just any backend at all.

Kenny Root