[Mythtv-soc] Commercial Flagging Update Jun 30 2006

Randy Robertson rmrobert at usc.edu
Sat Jul 1 03:38:49 UTC 2006

This week, I've been busy with 3 days of mandatory 12+ hour field
trips for the Earthquake Center. Having completed these, the active
phase of the summer is past, and I now have much more time to devote
to MythTV, starting with this four day weekend.  This next week, I
will continue building the framework that will be become
FuzzyCommDetector.cpp. I will work on generalizing the existing
BuildAllMethodsCommList to handle additional detection methods, and
convert existing methods to ouput membership values, and tinker with
the weighting of these methods. I will also finalize on the internal
representation of multiple memberships per block, and prototype a
reasonable (but not perfectly optimal) defuzzification process that
takes these memberships and chooses which blocks to finally mark as
commercials.