[Mythtv-soc] MythWeb UI Rewrite: Status Report 08/04/06

Nikolas Stephan nikolas.stephan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 14:38:39 UTC 2006

I finally got round to merging my branch to head this week which was quite a
learning experience as I'd never done it before. Am feeling quite confident
with most of the things you can do with svn now, even though there are still
quite a lot of things I'm picking up along the way.

I have been adding quite a lot of ajax stuff that will hopefully make the
experience of using mythweb a little bit smoother.
One thing I mentioned last week was loading information on recorded programs
using ajax, rather then storing it in a javascript array on page load. This
seems to be working quite well and probably makes quite a speed difference
for people with a lot of recordings, even though I haven't been able to test
that too well as I don't really have that many myself.
I have added and changed a few more things of this nature and am working on
some stuff like saving session settings in the background rather then having
to submit the form. Even though this is working well I am not quite sure how
great it is, because I think there are quite a few people who wont trust a
form unless they've hit the submit button. At the moment it just shows a
little white box with "saved" written in it as feedback. Will give this some
further thought.

I've been doing some more work on the scrolling of the tv guide, which one
can now switch on and off using a session variable. It's not really working
very well and I am seriously starting to doubt whether manipulating a table
this size using the dom can really work smoothly. Am currently trying to
move some of the stuff from javascript to php which will hopefully make it
faster and more reliable.

Done a few small things like updating page header comments and changing
session variables to make them more consistent.