[Mythtv-soc] MythWeather-revamp: status 8/4/06

Lucien D. ldunning at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 01:08:29 UTC 2006

This week I have written a screen to display severe weather alerts.  It uses the
CAP (Common Alert Protocol) xml files provided by the national weather service.
I have also written a dialog to handle setting the location for each screen.
When you go to set the location on a screen it searches sources that provide the
data items for that screen to get possible locations for each screen.

Today I have been working on support to fetch data in the background so that
current data is always available.  I'm pretty close to getting it working and
hopefully it will be committed this weekend.  With this, scripts will be able to
do more things, like send things to the osd.  After this I plan on doing a few
more screens.  One to do is an 18-hour forecast in 3 hour increments, it will
look similar to the 6 day forecast.  I'm also going to write a generic animated
image screen to do radar and satellite output and then a generic static image
output to do various maps.  For these, the locations will most likely be the
available maps. Along with these I will write some really simple scripts to grab
images from weather.com, weather.gov, etc... I hope this will be a generic
script that can have more images added to it easily.

-Lucien