[mythtv-firehose] mythtv/master commit: 92a2f4d89 by Mark Kendall (mark-kendall)

MythTV noreply at mythtv.org
Sat Feb 11 14:35:18 UTC 2012

      Author:  Mark Kendall <mkendall at mythtv.org>
 Change Date:  2012-02-11T06:01:00-08:00
   Push Date:  2012/02/11 06:35:02 -0800
  Repository:  mythtv
      Branch:  master
New Revision:  92a2f4d895bae4585fb38b1c1931eefe886b2817
   Changeset:  https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/92a2f4d89

Log:

Advertise both mythfrontend and mythbackend using Bonjour.

This may seem slightly counterintuitive to use Bonjour to advertise a
UPnP service but Bonjour seems to be more reliable (fewer networking and
firewall issues) and also allows apps to autodiscover frontends and
backends without the need for some form of UPnP implementation (i.e.
bonjour is widely available).

Master backends are differentiated from slave backends. The txt records
could be used to add some simple version and functionality check (e.g.
supported serializers) - but in reality, just like UPnP, we will always
support plain http/xml and we should be adding some form of version and
functionality check method instead.

Modified:

   mythtv/programs/mythbackend/mediaserver.cpp
   mythtv/programs/mythbackend/mediaserver.h
   mythtv/programs/mythbackend/mythbackend.pro
   mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/main.cpp