[mythtv-firehose] mythtv/master commit: b36dc2123 by Stuart Morgan (stuartm)

MythTV noreply at mythtv.org
Tue Feb 7 17:04:45 UTC 2012

      Author:  Stuart Morgan <smorgan at mythtv.org>
 Change Date:  2012-02-07T09:04:02-08:00
   Push Date:  2012/02/07 09:04:30 -0800
  Repository:  mythtv
      Branch:  master
New Revision:  b36dc21230d2af7ad4469000e5028af22012ff85
   Changeset:  https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/b36dc2123

Log:

Start removing 'Cancel' from menu dialogs. There are two schools of thought on this but either we offer a 'cancel' option everywhere, which could be done at the widget level, or we don't offer it at all. Every user has ESCAPE bound to a key, they can't exit any screens or popups without it so an additional 'Cancel' button in the menu isn't required and it adds clutter to the already over-long menus. This approach won the most backing among devs when discussed informally in IRC. The only place Cancel belongs is in confirmation dialogs of one sort or another where it should be the default selected option.

Modified:

   mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/guidegrid.cpp
   mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/mythcontrols.cpp
   mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/progdetails.cpp
   mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/progfind.cpp
   mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/proglist.cpp
   mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/programrecpriority.cpp
   mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/viewscheduled.cpp