[mythtv-firehose] mythtv/master commit: 8ab7f07a1 by Robert McNamara (rmcnamara)

MythTV noreply at mythtv.org
Fri Jul 1 05:15:14 UTC 2011

      Author:  Robert McNamara <rmcnamara at mythtv.org>
 Change Date:  2011-06-30T22:10:14-07:00
   Push Date:  2011/06/30 22:15:05 -0700
  Repository:  mythtv
      Branch:  master
New Revision:  8ab7f07a13c3e658bf24858c725f72f09ed997e1
   Changeset:  https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8ab7f07a1

Log:

Metadata: Add a MetadataFactory Class.

This is an extremely simple-to-use class that pulls together all the other metadata work I've done over the past year or two.  It's a simple QObject that allows you to input a programInfo *or* videometadata, along with switches to automatically match names and download images.  Then all you do is sit back and wait for events to return with 0, 1, or multiple results.  All the receiver has to do is listen and do what it wants with the returned results.  With this code I was able to add metadata lookup to the PlaybackBox with less than ten additional lines.  Obviously a final implementation will need cleaning up, but user selectable artwork for recordings is now in sight.

Added:

   mythtv/libs/libmythmetadata/metadatafactory.cpp
   mythtv/libs/libmythmetadata/metadatafactory.h

Modified:

   mythtv/libs/libmythmetadata/libmythmetadata.pro
   mythtv/libs/libmythmetadata/metadatadownload.cpp
   mythtv/libs/libmythmetadata/videometadata.h