[mythtv] compile issues - latest macOS SDK (11.3) / Xcode (11.5)

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Sun May 16 21:16:38 UTC 2021

>> It's definitely a case insensitive file system - case sensitive file
> systems introduced a ton of issues into the build process so I.
>
> The weird thing is the same compile script works without issues with Xcode
> versions below 12.5, I suspect something changed under the hood with the
> new Xcode / command line tools.  I try to diff out the include paths and
> see if something jumps out at me.

It looks like other folks are having similar issues in the tesseract
community with Xcode 12.5:

https://groups.google.com/g/tesseract-ocr/c/MpCZe5wRYQE
<https://groups.google.com/g/tesseract-ocr/c/MpCZe5wRYQE>

As Gary suggested, the case insensitive filesystem is probably the culprit
plus apple using <version> instead of "version" in some of their header
files.

I can certainly take a similar action and rename VERSION to MYTHTV_VERSION
or something and update anything that references VERSION - but this seems
like the wrong solution.

Any suggestions on how to tell the compiler to explicitly ignore the
VERSION file?