[mythtv] Manual Recordings and metadata lookup

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 13:36:28 UTC 2021

On 3/22/21 1:49 PM, Roland Ernst wrote:
> A user reported [1] that for manual recordings, the subtitle is filled
> in by a date-time object.
> This causes problems when retrieving the metadata data, because the
> options
> " -N title date-time" is not required for the metadata grabbers [2].
>
> What is the reason to fill in the date-time to the subtitle field?
> What use cases are covered / supported by this convention?
>
> [1] https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/336
> [2] https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_Universal_Metadata_Format
>
> Roland

Manual recordings have no access to the subtitle, so it is likely that
the developers used that instead of leaving subtitle blank. I would
think that manual recordings do not normally use metadata lookup. If
metadata lookup is used for manual recordings perhaps we should ignore
subtitle on manual recordings or ignore subtitle if it contains a
date-time. I think that calling the grabber with -N title date-time is
not valid.