[mythtv] Where's a good place to report PPA packaging bugs?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Thu Jul 29 02:50:03 UTC 2021

    > Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 14:13:09 +1200
    > From: Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>

    > After package install problems, once you fix the problem, it is best
    > to run:

    > sudo apt -f install

    > to get apt to fix any problems with the already (partially?) installed
    > packages.

Do you meant "apt-get -f install" instead?  apt doesn't have -f.

In any event, synaptic reports no broken packages, and
"apt-get --dry-run -f install" only reports that it'd like
to upgrade 41 packages but do nothing else, so I think I'm okay there.

(And as for my prior message to this list, I hadn't done git blame on
that line yet, because I hadn't quite understood Paul's message when I
first read it.  I now see that the Pre-Depends has been on mythtv-common
for many months.  I have no explanation for why that didn't appear to
fire, however.  Maybe the right thing to do is for a package maintainer
to try installing in a fresh 20.04 inside a schroot and see what happens
for "add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/31; apt-get install mythtv" because
I sure don't see why Pre-Depends didn't haul in pwgen before trying to
do anything with mythtv-common.)