[mythtv] Problem with build process - python metadata files

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 16:31:40 UTC 2021

Hi David

Since you are more familiar with this, perhaps you can look into it. I
think it may be related to the "obj" directory changes you made some
time back.

When I make mythtv and install, tmdb3.py is installed in
usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py

If I make some changes to tmdb3.py, make and install again, I get this

usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py [out of date file]
usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/Movie/tmdb3.py [new file]

The system will run the out of date file since that is where it expects
to find tmdb3.py.

In the source directory structure is a similar thing after the make

/home/peter/proj/github.com/MythTV/mythtv/mythtv/programs/scripts/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py
[source file I am changing]
/home/peter/proj/github.com/MythTV/mythtv/mythtv/programs/scripts/obj/metadata/Movie/Movie/tmdb3.py
[more recent copy of file]
/home/peter/proj/github.com/MythTV/mythtv/mythtv/programs/scripts/obj/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py
[out of date file]

The same problem may exist with other files.

Peter