[mythtv] Very long recordings

David Hampton mythtv at love2code.net
Wed Feb 10 20:09:28 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-02-10 at 13:28 -0600, David Engel wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 12:10:40PM -0700, John P Poet wrote:
> > I only had it installed for less than a day. Klass' observation
> > that it
> > recorded until the next episode on the same input could be correct
> > - In my
> > case it seems to record double length, but I didn't analyze in any
> > kind of
> > detail. Once I have my dev machine working again I will see what I
> > can
> > figure out there.
>
> The part about running until the next recording on the tuner points
> to problem in the recorder.  The reason is scheduler doesn't normally
> tell recorders to stop.  They are expected to stop on their own at
> the prescribed time or when told to start recording something else.

I just received a 'mythbackend --printsched' from someone on the user's
group, and the times on all the recording entries looks correct. He
says his one hour (plus a bit) recording always record for six hours.
There's nothing in his printsched that is always recorded six hours
later. In fact, of his three simultaneous late night recordings that go
long, tuners 2 and 3 often aren't used until late the next night.

> Are any of the problem systems running 32-bit code?  I didn't see
> that break out in the good/bad list.

Good question. Fedora dropped support for 32 bit systems after Fedora
30 and both of Klaas's systems are later versions, so that's probably
not the cause.

David