[mythtv] Configure errors after 40c6bac0

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Sat Apr 24 17:59:22 UTC 2021

On 23/04/2021 15:39, David Hampton via mythtv-dev wrote:

> On Fri, 2021-04-23 at 14:09 +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> Using git processing inside configure has come
>> up before, and has previously been rejected.
> I was unaware of this history, so it was a while ago.

The configure script should not assume it is part of a git repo because
many users and packagers, including the Ubuntu PPA builder scripts,
create a source tar ball and build from that. We also provide  source
tar balls that don't contain any of the git stuff so they would also
fail to build.

Paul H.