[mythtv] Option "Use FFmpeg's original MPEG-TS demuxer"

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 06:34:31 UTC 2021

Hi.

I added that option many moons ago.
It was mostly designed at the time to check if a mpeg-ts file was
broken; not something that would typically be a problem with OTA
recordings but when dealing with HLS streaming could be quite common.

The mythtv mpeg-ts demuxer is very old and has received very little
updates over the years.

Things that will be broken using the ffmpeg's mpegts demuxer are
mostly subtitles and how to choose different audio tracks.
It doesn't support the callbacks that myth required when the
resolution or the content changes.

So it's fine to play a simple file, anymore than that and it's not gonna work.