[mythtv] Picture in Picture broken

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 13:42:38 UTC 2020

On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 at 11:56, Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 at 09:58, Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Quick test with the latest as of this morning.
> >
> > Good news: exchanging PIP and main windows is OK, also with live TV.
> >
> > Bad news: Playback is failing on 60Hz HD content (1080 interlaced), it
> just freezes after a few frames.
>
> Klass,
>
> Thanks for testing. I do have another commit in the pipeline but I
> don't think it is relevant here.
>
> Can you get generate a backtrace when it locks up?
>

> As requested, a backtrace when locked and also a "-v playback"  from a
previous run two minutes before with the same video file.
This is on the development machine with i7-7700 intel-only hardware, so no
Nvidia. Issue is exactly the same.

FYI also: have been experimenting with the PIPs on both machines and it
looks really good.No problems found, not even with multiple PIPs and mixing
live TV and recordings.

Groetjes,
Klaas.