[mythtv] Picture in Picture broken

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 17:42:11 UTC 2020

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 at 16:21, Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Getting better all the time... having had a quick test drive with the latest as of time of writing.
> - Main window plays recording, start PIP with recording, is OK
> - Main window plays Live TV, start PIP with recording, is OK
> - Main window plays recording, start PIP with Live TV, then:
>   - Stuttering!!
>   - Solved by doing Pause: then the Live TV in PIP is paused and main window plays OK
>   - Unpausing then LIve TV in PIP plays OK.

OK - I think I know what is happening here - should be a simple fix.

> - Exchanging PIP and main window: hangs/locks about 30% of the time.

What hardware decoder are you using?

Can you get a backtrace when it is locking up? If it is the same issue
I was seeing, then it clearly isn't fixed properly - and 30% is not
really acceptable:) - and we may need to disable PiP for the release.

Thanks and regards
Mark